Monday, June 6, 2011

How Cute is This?


Isn't this little guy a cutie!!??  This is my Dad when he was just 3 years old. (c.1949)  I think this is just a great little picture.  Not only do I have the treasure of this little photo of Dad but I also have the outfit he was wearing in the picture.  It is in decent shape but what I love about it is my Grandma made it.  She used to sew alot and is an excellent seamstress.  My Dad has a sister Sue who is also a great at sewing.  She makes beautiful things.  She lives in Georgia (and I am in Kentucky) or I would take advantage of learning from her and my Grandma.  I didn't learn to sew until I was in college.  Just never was interested until then  I will have to share that story later.  :-)  Hope you enjoy this post.  Hope it makes you remember what sparked your interest in sewing or whatever hobby catches your fancy.
Quiltpecan


2 comments:

  1. Yes, your dad is "cute", even now! That is very cool to have the picture and the actual clothes, that his mama made! I think I would find a shadow box and put the outfit along with the information and the cute picture of your dad with it on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ajsmith10800... This cute picture brings back memories of my brothers clothes. My mother was a gifted seamstress. How we appreciate the old days!

    ReplyDelete