Saturday, June 18, 2011

Still feeling Blue

I love cobalt blue glass.  I have lots of glass treasures in my collection but blue is my favorite.  I guess it really started in college with a Wheaton bottle that belonged to a friend.  I did not know at the time that Wheaton bottles were collectible.  She had a bottle like the corn concoction bottle on the left in the featured picture.  Cobalt blue is actually darker than the blue of these Wheaton bottles.  But the blue is very distinct and catches the light so nicely.  I have other colors of Wheaton as well.  Right now my collection includes an amber brown color, blue and green.  There are other colors so I'm going to have to get busy and be on the lookout now that the weather is warm and tag sales and flea markets are in season.  Happy Treasure Hunting to you as well.  --Quiltpecan

No comments:

Post a Comment