Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bugs and Blooms

We had a tremendous storm a few nights ago so I went to check out some of my flowers in my yard.  I cut some of the blooms that weren't too weather beaten to bring in and enjoy inside.  I love hydrangeas and cut some blooms.  While trimming them up to put in water, I found this little bitty PRAYING MANTIS.  He was so small.  Less than an inch.  He kept tyring to get away.  I think my camera and flash stopped him b/c he seemed stunned and went into combat mode!!  LOL  I might have been worried were it not for the fact I have seen grains of rice larger than him!  I still think they are neat bugs though.  Enjoy the outdoors in your area.  I know I do here!  --Quiltpecan


1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! You are a great photographer :) My very first sunflower bloomed today!

    ReplyDelete