Friday, September 30, 2011

Corn Flake Treats

Today I will be heading to my Dad's hometown area for a reunion.  Anticipating all the delicious Southern Foods that will be there.  One of them is a recipe I'm going to post today.  I got the recipe from my Great Aunt Joyce.  She used to make these corn flake treats and my Dad loves them.  When Dad's brother passed away, I remember traveling to my Grandparents and Aunt Joyce bringing in TWO containers of these goodies and we were instructed that one was just for TIM (my Dad....LOL).  Now I make them for my family.  My stepson doesn't request many things... he's a quiet guy... but he does request these.  Think I just have to make some to take to his family.  :-)

Have a great day!!!  --Quiltpecan

PEANUT BUTTER CORN FLAKE TREATS

1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
12 oz peanut butter
6 cups corn flakes

Bring sugar and corn syrup to boil over low heat.  Add peanut butter, stir until melted.  Pour over 6 cups corn flakes.  Roll into balls or drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment