Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TASTE BUD TUESDAY - My modified version of BEANS & FRANKS

My brother and I love pineapple brushed with bbq sauce and warmed on the grill or mixed with other sweet 'n sour style recipes.  So... at a recent family dinner, I decided to mix up some things for my brother and me.  It was a hit with everyone there so I thought I'd share it with my blogging friends.

My version of Sweet BBQ Beans & Franks

2 cans of pork and beans
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can pineapple tid bits (drained)
1 pkg cocktail smoked sausage franks (I used the cocktail size, cut in thirds)
onions, diced or minced  (to taste)
bbq sauce (add until mixture is to your own preferred consistency)
brown sugar (Add to your liking.  We like ours sweet so I added approx 1/2 to 3/4 cup for this size dish.)

Mix well and bake in oven until your desired consistency for baked beans.  This recipe fills a large 9x13 baking pan.

I thought about adding green bell peppers and may try the next time.  Hope you give it a try.  --Quiltpecan

No comments:

Post a Comment