Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What to make....

I signed up for a mug rug swap.  It's a HOLIDAY mug rug swap but with a little twist.  YOU get to pick what Holiday that your swap partner uses for the inspiration for YOUR mug rug.  You could also list color preferences.  The other twist is... you have no idea who has your name.  My surprise partner liked CHRISTMAS.  (I on the other hand said... SURPRISE ME!!!) 

I picked out a few fabrics from the local quilt shop.  Not quite sure which ones I'll use.  I have an idea of what I'm making... actually two possibilities.  One idea is a house and trees..... On the idea of .. "There's no place like home for the holidays."  My other idea is Snow Globes but I want a paper pieced version, non applique if possible.  We'll see what happens.....

Here are my MODA fabric choices.  The star/snowflake print may not be Moda but the others are. I will have to mix in a few from my own collection to finish things off.

Let me know your ideas or what you think.....  --Quiltpecan

No comments:

Post a Comment