Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My first ever wall hanging from approx 1993
When I was first learning to sew, I made this wall hanging and it hung in my first "home" outside of college dorms and shared apartments.  :-)  I didn't learn to sew until college.  I was a college freshman and wanted Red, White & Blue in my room because of the Persian Gulf War.  I couldn't find what I wanted so I made a 9 patch quilt.  That's how I started sewing.   I really enjoyed it.  The next year, I tried another quilt for my new dorm.  Then it just kept going and going!!  This small wall hanging was a favorite out of my beginning projects.  --Quiltpecan

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wall-hanging! That one is a keeper! Love it! Sydneykatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflower... I had actually made a skort out of that sunflower fabric! It was pretty but I do NOT care much for sewing clothes!! LOL I will have to see what I have left of that fabric if any. It wasn't 100% cotton but it was pretty.

    ReplyDelete