Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quilt Re-Do

I made this "cheater" quilt about 20 years ago for my son.  The border you see around this quilt was actually part of the backing.  He gave it back to me to repair and I had to cut out a torn part, so, I used the backing to make the quilt larger, by adding borders.  The funny part of this story is, when I took it home and took it apart, I thought it was a lost cause and was going to make him another quilt.  So, when I told him about it, he was not pleased!  It seems he is sentimental about this quilt!  How would I know??  So, this quilt re-do, pictured, is what I have come up with and I hope it pleases him, and, I learned, how much he loved an old cheater quilt that his mama made for him : )  Sydneykatt

1 comment:

  1. Very clever, looks like mama can fix it, as our children say:) Good Job, Sydneykatt! Love You

    ReplyDelete