Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Taste Bud Tuesday

Sydneykatt found some old recipes that she's shared with me.  I'm going to share a few of them with all of you this month. Recipes for sweet things because we think of candy and sweets for Valentine's Day.... and since my daughter and I both have February birthdays and you gotta have cake, cookies, or something sweet!!!!  So... I'm going to share some of the sweet things that catch my eye in the recipes she found.

The first one is BROWN SUGAR FROSTING.  I LOVE brown sugar.  I can eat it right out of the package.  I thought I was nuts... but turns out my Granny's sister does the same thing!  And she also makes brown sugar toast!!!!  I have to try that ..... but back to this recipe.  I think I'm going to give this one a try.  Let me know what you think too!  :-)  Quiltpecan

BROWN SUGAR FROSTING

2 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons water
2 egg whites, unbeaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
few grains salt

Method:  Stir sugar, baking powder and water in top of double boiler.  Add egg whites and beat over hot water for 7 minutes or until frosting stands in peaks. Add vanilla and salt, spread on cake.

This sounds like a 7 minute white icing my Granny used to make... maybe I'll find it and share it too!  :-)  ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment