Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Taste Bud Tuesday / Pecan Pralines ... there's still time to make this treat for someone special for Valentine's Day

I don't think you can beat a good PECAN.  (hence my name... Quilt PECAN, lol)  Add pecans to brown sugar and Yum Yum Yum!!  My Dad is from Georgia so I am spoiled to great Pecans.  He has them sent here or he goes and gets them every year!  I LOVE them.  There are lots of yummy ways to fix them.  My next favorite sugary thing... straight brown sugar.  Yes... I love to eat it right out of the box/bag!!!  When I want something sweet, or if I'm mixing it in a recipe ... I gotta take a bite!!  :-)  So when I found this easy recipe in Sydneykatt's recipes she let me enjoy, I had to share.  There's still time to fix some for your special someone.  Have a great Valentine's Day!!  Quiltpecan

PECAN PRALINES

2 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix sugar, salt, and milk.  Cook over low heat till sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.  Then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it reaches soft ball stage.  Remove from heat and add pecans.  Beat till it begins to get thick.  Then drop by spoon on buttered cookie sheet.

Recipe is from Sydneykatt's Grandma's collection.  :-)  Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment